J1850 is in Beta! (Older Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Holden, Dodge, Chrysler, Pontiac)

Great News!

We have tested support for pre 2007:

- Chevy

- Ford

- Jeep

- Holden

- GMC

- Dodge

- Chrysler

- Pontiac

- Oldsmobile

If you have been waiting on us to support one of these models, please send us your e-mail address and we will invite you to beta test the new vehicle support.

Happy Driving,

GOFAR

Oldsmobile Alero 2003 I followed the instructions in the Android app, the cables are plugged in fully and properly, the cable appears to be fine, and my phone is able to connect to the dongle, however, the dongle cannot connect to my vehicle. I have also force updated the device with no avail. Suggestions are welcome, thank you.
Note: When I attempt to my vehicle, the dongle's light goes from green to off.

Really sorry Michael but it won't work on Android just yet. It's a simple change and we hope to have it out towards the end of this week. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

1 person likes this

Sounds like a plan, thank you.  I'm a computer science major in my third year now.  I made my own iOS app in high school and have dabbled with android.  I'm fluent in Python and knowledgeable in c++.  I don't know if any of those skills could be of use to this project, but I'd be willing to help if you would like. Thanks again :)

Imam, do you have an ETA on the simple change for the Android app? You said it would take a few days in your response, however, it's now been almost 2 weeks. I'm just wondering if progress has been made as I am eager to use GoFar, thank you

Sorry, should be out tomorrow!

Hi Michael, version 0.6.0 is now available via HockeyApp and includes support for J1850 cars :)

Excellent, I will download the new version and test it later today :)
It seems to work, however, just to let you know at least in my case, the app crashed after each step, but after closing and opening the app each time as necessary, I managed to get through the setup process and am now able to use it, thanks for the updates :)
Login or Signup to post a comment