Start a new topic

Dead Car Battery

I set up the Gofar in my vehicle yesterday afternoon (2016 Jeep Cherokee), and woke up to a dead battery this morning - does the dongle need to be removed every time I leave the vehicle?

Dear Darren, 

Thanks for your mail.   The dongle is designed to be left in your car all the time. Looking at your account from our side, it seems the installation has not yet completed, which in rare cases cause the dongle to not go to sleep properly when you turn your car off.

You need to open up your GOFAR  iOS app again and complete the setup and follow the process until you get to home page. This should take about 10 minutes.  Once you have completed this, the dongle will be fine to leave in your car. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Sorry for all the inconvenience. 

Regards

Imam

It it possible that GoFar can be made to read the car batt level and send as a warning if there is anything amiss with the battery or when it due for replacement?  I know this deviates for the original intend to track fuel consumption, but it would b a real value added.

Regards

Ee Heong

4 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment