It's unusual, but over time the cable connecting the Adapter and the Ray can become loose.
- Please unplug the cable at both ends and then reconnect it snugly.
- Start your car and check the Ray is lighting up
If your car has had a service recently it's possible someone has switched the cable around so it is plugged in the wrong way around.
- Check the "L" shaped end is plugged into the Adapter.
- Check the "pyramid" shaped end is plugged into the Ray
- Make sure each end is snugly clicked in.
- Make sure that the top of the "pyramid" end is flush and neatly aligned with the top of the Ray
- Start your car and check the Ray is now lit up
Check out the pictures below as a guide.
This solves nearly all issues with Ray not lighting up. However if after this your Ray is still not lighting up then please try the following steps next.
- Unplug the GOFAR adapter from your car.
- Start the car engine
- Wait for 10 seconds with the engine running
- Plug the GOFAR adapter back into your car, with the engine still running
- Check the Ray is now lit up.
This will generally solve all remaining issues but if after trying these steps, your Ray is still not lighting up then there may be a hardware fault and you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can investigate further and get this fixed for you.