At GOFAR, we take many steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We apply best-in-class security systems and practices designed to protect your information and to prevent unauthorized access.
Ensuring your data is secure is also one of the reasons we build our own hardware as it gives us more control to establish good practices within a secure environment.
We use industry-leading security practices like AES encryption on all data transmitted from the car adapter to and from the Ray and your phone and up to the cloud.
Some other examples of our security practices include:
- Sensitive user data, such as account passwords and email addresses, are stored in an encrypted format.
- PIN protection - each device is individually PIN protected to create a unique pairing bond between phone and adapter
- Traffic from adapter to phone is encrypted
- Traffic from phone to cloud is encrypted
- All communications through our website are sent over SSL/TLS connections. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology protect communications by using both server authentication and data encryption. This ensures that user data in transit is safe, secure, and available only to intended recipients.
- User data on our database is logically segregated by account-based access rules. User accounts have unique usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a user logs on.
- No external SIM in the adapter so there's no way to remotely connect to the adapter via 2G, 3G, or 4G
- Restricted communication architecture - we only read from the vehicle, but do not write to or modify the vehicle
- GOFAR applications and infrastructure are regularly tested for security vulnerabilities and hardened to enhance security and protect against attacks.
If you have specific questions feel free to email email@example.com.
For obvious reasons, we won't necessarily discuss or reveal all our security policies publically.