Start a new topic

Dead ray ?????

As I wait for the android app to be developed, I installed my newly delivered device, question, is the day supposed to be powerless until I install the app or is my device faulty?

Hi imam Information on your comment should have been added to the page http://gofar.co/2016/05/11/gofar-set-step-step/ I did my setup today and I was wondering my ray was not working when it was showing white LEDs. Can you make sure this info is updated on the setup page and the new users are aware of it. Thanks
Update.... Uninstalled latest app, re-installed older app ( number 4/5) that worked. Only issue now is the app won't allow me to access the profile in settings, it's not logging journey and the ray isn't changing colour, just staying white or clear....
Forgot to mention, now that everything is set-up. While the engine is running there is no light on the dongle and as mentioned before the light on the ray is white/clear lit..

Hi Stewart,

Ray being White is normal after setup, it means Ray is ready for calibration. Calibration takes place during normal drive. 

I apologize for not making it clear in the app. No light on dongle is also normal after setup.

However after setup it should start recording trips, I am investigating it why it didn't, will get back to you as soon as I have more information

Regards

Imam

Thanks for getting back to me. How long should this calibration take, I drove for 15miles each way but stayed the same colour. Also could not access the profile in settings. On another note, I have updated my app to the most recent now (number 8/9), I will see if there's any issues with this update.......

Hi Stewart,

Auto calibration may take 30 minutes of driving, depending on the type of traffic you are in. Auto-calibration requires at least 12 'stop-starts' to complete. This means that the car needs to be standing still for at least 10 seconds and then starts moving straight ahead. Each time you do a 'stop-start', an LED on the ray and on the app will change from white to green. When all of the lights have turned green, the calibration is complete, and the ray will turn blue. The trip data from any trips completed when the device was still calibrating will not be accurate. 

I am not able to see your trip data on server yet which I am currently investigating. 

As I understand you have not seen any trip data recorded on your Android app yet ?

Regards

Imam

Hi Imam, Just to let you know the ray unit is working so far, meaning I have a row of green lights just two whites to go and it will be calibrated. I wonder if this was because I downloaded the latest update, after I un-installed it because it would fail at set up and installed an earlier update (4/5) that update worked but the ray was just white, so I thought I would install the newer update, that now works (strange) and so is the ray, the only point is the profile in settings, I tap on it but nothing happens??????

Hi Stewart,

We have sent you an invite to join our Android Beta group. Please install it and setup your Gofar.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards

Imam

Hi Imam. Just checked my email, there's no link in your email to down load the android beta to my phone????? Unless I' m missing a step somewhere. Mind you I was checking my emails by phone, even though that shouldn't make a difference.....

Hi Stewart,

Very sorry for not replying earlier.

Ray/Dongle needs to be setup through the App before it starts functioning properly. I would suggest you unplug dongle from OBD ii port for now until Android app is released.

May I know the make, model and year of your car ?

Regards

Imam

Hi Stewart,

Forgot to ask one more thing. Do you remember when you first plugged in the dongle (not Ray) into OBD ii port of the car did you see any light (ring shaped) on the dongle ? If not, could you please check it. Plug the dongle temporarily into OBD ii port, wait and  check for any lights and then unplug it after 5 minutes

Regards,

Imam

Just to continue, what is sandbox and main app?? Also I do not have an iPhone or an account with I store nor do I want too. I am already on the beta test group as requested ages ago, but trying to find a simple way of downloading the android beta app to my phone seems like a deadend at the moment....

Hi Stewart,

I'll resend the e-mail with the invitation to download the app.

Please let me know if you have trouble.

Hi Imam, Downloaded the app last night, cheers for that. Downloaded the firmware update that went okay but it keeps coming up with setup failed after saving to the cloud, I've tried everything, disconnecting the dongle and starting again to no avail...
Login or Signup to post a comment